Dance enthusiasts and elderly-ravers across the country can rejoice as award-winning and critically acclaimed UK Producer and Musician FATBOY SLIM will be touring New Zealand in January 2019, with 5 dates across Hamilton, Napier, Wellington, Christchurch and Queenstown.
A career spanning over 4 decades and one of the original godfathers of dance music, Fatboy Slim aka Norman Cook, was a key pioneer of the big beat genre of the nineties, with certified hits“Right Here, Right Now”, “The Rockafeller Skank”and“Praise You”coming from 4 albums since 1996.
Kiwis will need to Eat, Sleep, Rave, Repeat in order to prepare themselves for the mind and genre-bending multi-visual effects and stage presence that comes with a Fatboy Slim show. He has played to 250,000+ people on Brighton Beach, headlined festival and arena shows around the world, but nothing of this magnitude and depth that goes into the heart and soul of New Zealand. Fatboy Slim last performed in New Zealand at a sold-out headline show at Vector Arena in 2012, and prior to that was closing out the Boiler Room at Big Day Out in 1999 (yes, that was 20 years ago). His re-appearance on the touring circuit will no doubt spark the re-appearance of ravers (young* and old) across dance floors around the country.
Fatboy Slim will be supported by Dick Johnson. Local support acts to be announced.
Win a double pass to FATBOY SLIM
1. 1 x double pass to Fatboy Slim
2. Prizes are for tickets only. Excludes transport and accommodation.
3. One prize per winner. Cannot be exchanged for cash.
4. This competition closes on the 15 Decemberr 2018 11.59pm. Winner to be notified via phone.
5. Only entrants who have downloaded the 'iHeartRadio app' and have logged in to the app will be eligible to win. Entries will be matched by email address on the competition entry, to the email address associated with the customer's iHeartRadio account.