Be in to WIN a trip to Disneyland for 4! Attention mums, dads and grandparents. Simply upload a photo of your little one’s smile to be in with a chance to win, thanks to Colgate Bright Smiles, Bright Futures. Enter using the form below.
Please note that this competition is for children under the age of 5.
Colgate-Palmolive & Plunket Partnership
Bright Smiles, Bright Futures Competition 2018
1. Information on how to enter and information relating to prizes form part of these conditions of entry. By participating in the promotion, entrants agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid.
2. The Promoter is Bauer Media Ltd, 90 Wellesley Street, Auckland City.
3. The promotion is open to residents of New Zealand aged 18 years or over who are parents or legal guardians, immediate family members or associates of the family of a child under 5 years of age as at 5 February 2018. Employees of the Promoter, and any agency associated with this promotion, and the immediate families of such employees, are not eligible to enter.
4. The promotion commences at 12:01am on 5 February 2018 and finishes at 5:00pm on 25 February 2018 (“Entry Period ”).
5. To enter, visit www.colgatebrightsmiles.co.nz during the Entry Period and follow the upload instructions on the Bright Smiles page to submit your photograph showing your featured child’s ‘best smile’. Entrants are required to submit their photo with their name, address, contact number, general location (eg. Hamilton), an alternative contact, a short blurb about their entry, and the featured child’s name, general location and birthdate. Entrants may enter the promotion once, and a child may only ‘feature’ in one entry.
6. By entering this promotion, the entrant gives permission for the child's name, photo, general location, age, and the photograph submitted to be published on the internet, in print, on television and otherwise used in all media by the Promoter. If the entrant is not the parent or guardian of the child featured in the photo, the entrant confirms that they have all necessary permissions from the child’s parents and/or guardians to upload the photo, as well as permission from the child featured. The entrant confirms they have all necessary permissions regarding anyone else depicted in their photograph for this purpose.
7. The entrant must own the copyright in the photograph submitted; the photograph must be taken in a safe and lawful environment; the photograph must be a clear photograph and the child must be clothed (no nude photos will be accepted); the child’s clothing must not be heavily branded; photographs that contain a child appearing distressed will not be accepted; photographs that have been heavily edited will not be accepted; and photographs that contain any message in the background or foreground (including, but not limited to, identifiable information such as location reference or school name) that the Promoter deems to have been placed deliberately, or that the Promoter deems unsafe or inappropriate for publication (in the Promoter's absolute discretion), will not be accepted.
8. All entries will be on display for public voting. The winner will be selected taking into account three criteria – public support/votes, the moment captured and the bright smile. To vote, visit colgatebrightsmiles.co.nz during the Entry Period and click on the vote button underneath your chosen photograph. Only one vote per day, per IP address. Voting is open to New Zealand residents aged 18 years or over. To vote, you must have a Facebook account. Entries and votes received after the Entry Period will not be valid.
9. The entrant acknowledges that TVNZ and the Promoter will not be liable in connection with the usage/publication of their photo, and they agree to indemnify TVNZ for any claims associated with the usage/publication of the same.
10. The winner will be chosen by the Promoter in conjunction with Colgate-Palmolive. The entries will be judged individually on their merits based on the above criteria. The best entry, as determined by the Promoter and Colgate-Palmolive (“the Judges”), will be the winning entry. Subject to clause 12, the winner will be the adult person whose details were submitted in conjunction with the winning entry. The Promoter and/or associate companies will not be responsible for any disputes regarding the identity of the winner.
11. The Promoter may deem the winner's entry invalid, and select a new winner if:
a. the entry that was chosen as the winner is, or was, ineligible to enter under clause 3;
b. the entry is disallowed under clause 28; or
c. the Promoter is unable to contact the winner within 2 days, having made reasonable attempts to do so.
12. The winner’s photograph will become the property and copyright of the Promoter. By entering this promotion, entrants agree to assign copyright in their entry to the Promoter.
13. The Judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
14. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
15. The entrant confirms the child and their parents or guardians consent to being contacted and/or visited at their residential address, as provided by the entrant, by TVNZ and/or the Promoter without prior notice and to be filmed by TVNZ in relation to the Competition, the recordings of which will be owned and may be used by TVNZ across all media in perpetuity.
16. The winner and the child featured in the entry may be asked to come to the Bauer Media studio in Auckland for a photoshoot. Any ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the winner, the featured child or the featured child’s parents or legal guardians. The winner agrees, and confirms the featured child’s parents or legal guardian agree, to make themselves reasonably available for this purpose. This shoot may be published in New Zealand Woman’s Weekly along with the name of the entrant, the name of the child and the child’s location (e.g. "Hamilton") and the winning story, with no compensation payable. This content may also feature on www.nowtolove.co.nz and on TVNZ (television) in conjunction with the competition, with no compensation payable. If the winner and child (and their parents or legal guardians) live outside of Auckland, the Promoter will pay for their reasonable travel costs.
17. There is one major prize to be won. The prize is a trip to the ‘Land of Bright Smiles’ – Disneyland, California, for a family of 4 (two adults and two children) for five nights ("the Prize"). The Prize includes:
a. return economy airfares from Auckland, Wellington or Christchurch, New Zealand to Los Angeles, USA;
b. airport transfers from LAX to the hotel;
c. accommodation for five nights for four people;
d. NZD$1,000 spending money;
e. NZD$1,000 food allowance;
f. four 5-day passes to Disneyland, California (2 adults, 2 children); and
g. standard travel insurance for two adults and two children.
18. The total RRP value of the prize is NZD$14,000 inclusive of GST. The Promoter is not responsible for any incidental costs, including but not limited to additional food, taxes, gratuities, passports, visas or any additional travel costs, including the cost of getting to and from the relevant airport in New Zealand. The Prize must be booked within 6 months of winning the competition. The Prize, in particular the flights and accommodation, are subject to booking availability.
19. In the event of the winner wanting to amend the Prize or request a prize package which differs in any way from that specified above (for example, requesting additional flights, extending dates) any difference in price shall be met by the winner. Neither the Promoter, Colgate-Palmolive, nor any of their affiliates or agencies, shall be liable for any alterations or amendments to the Prize.
20. The winner and Prize participants acknowledge and agree that they may be required to complete additional documentation (such as indemnities or waivers) as a condition of accepting the Prize, in the form provided by the Promoter.
21. The winner and Prize participants acknowledge and agree that they will comply with all instructions given by employees of the Promoter and other agencies associated with this promotion, and agree that they will not do anything that may bring the Promoter or Colgate-Palmolive into disrepute.
22. The Prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
23. In the event that the Prize, or part of the Prize, becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s reasonable control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal value in its sole discretion.
24. In the event of the winner being, for any reason, unable or unwilling to redeem the Prize, their prize will be void and no compensation will be payable, and the Judges will select another a new winner in their sole discretion.
25. The Promoter, TVNZ and Colgate-Palmolive (including officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, gents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies) shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including, without limitation, direct, indirect or consequential loss) suffered or sustained by any person (even if caused by negligence) as a result of participating in the promotion or accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
26. As a condition of participating in the Prize, the winner and their chosen Prize participants indemnify the Promoter, all organisers, sponsors and all other persons and organisations associated in any way with this promotion against all claims, damages, liabilities, costs and expenses (including costs on a solicitor-client basis) which the winner or other prize participants may incur arising out of their participation in the promotion and/or participating in the Prize , howsoever caused.
27. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to request verification of the age, identity or residential address of the winner and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entry or to refuse to award a prize to (at their sole discretion) any individual who the Promoter believes breaches any of these terms and conditions, acted in a fraudulent, dishonest or disruptive manner, or otherwise than in accordance with the spirit and intent of this promotion or is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
28. The Promoter will conduct background checks on the winner and if deemed unsuitable for any reason, the Promoter reserves the right to redraw another winner within 48 hours of the winning announcement. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion and without giving reasons. This includes an entry that is selected as the winner.
29. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications, or any other failure to receive an entry, vote or other communication or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. The time entries are deemed to be made will be the time the entry is received, not the time the entry is submitted by an entrant.
30. The Promoter may modify, amend or cancel any aspect of the promotion at any time in its sole discretion.
31. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
32. All decisions made by the Promoter, its employees or agents are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
34. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or allows a voter to automatically vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant and all votes submitted by that voter invalid.
35. Disneyland is a trademark of Disney Enterprises Inc. Disney Enterprises Inc. and its related bodies corporate are not associated or affiliated with this promotion.