We are on the hunt for unsung Grandmas, Grandpas and Grandparents who deserve recognition and a chance to win cash prizes!
We are looking for the Grandma of the Year, Grandpa of the Year, Honorary Grandparent/s of the year and Grandparents of the Year. Just fill in your details, upload a photo of your nominee and tell us in 500 words or less why your Grandparent deserves to win.
Hurry, entries close 4th March 2018.
Schedule 3: Terms and conditions 1. Information on how to enter and prizes form part of these conditions. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these conditions. Entries must comply with these conditions to be valid. The Promoter is Bauer Media (NZ) Limited, Shed 12, 90 Wellesley Street, Auckland City.
2. Employees of the Promoter, Ryman Healthcare, prize partners and all associated agencies, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
3. To enter, visit nowtolove.co.nz and follow the upload instructions under the Grandparents of the Year page. Entrants are required to submit their name, address, contact number and the Grandparent’s (or Grandparents’) name(s) and photograph along with 500 words or less about why that nominee should win. By entering, the entrant gives permission for their name, the name of the Grandparent, the photograph and the 500 words to be published on the internet, in print and otherwise used in all media by the Promoter and Ryman Healthcare. Entrants confirm that they have obtained the permission of the nominee before entering this competition.
4. Each entrant may submit only one entry to this promotion and each Grandparent may be nominated/featured only once.
5. The competition opens on 5th February and closes at 5pm on Sunday the 4th of March 2018 (“Entry Period”).
6. The winner will be chosen by New Zealand Woman’s Weekly Editor Alice O’Connell, Colin Hogg, Tracey Martin and a Ryman Healthcare representative. The entries will be judged individually on their merits based on the most memorable and heart-warming story. The best entry received for each category, as determined by the Promoter in conjunction with the Judges specified above, will be the winner of that category. The winner will be the Grandparent/s who were nominated .The Promoter will not be responsible for any disputes regarding the identity of the winner.
7. The winners of each category will be published/featured in the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly (9th April 2018) along with the name of the entrant who nominated them.
8. There are 4 prizes to be won. The prize is NZD$1,000 for Grandma of the Year, Granddad of the Year and Honorary Grandparent of the year. NZD$2,000 for Grandparents of the Year.
9. Prizes are not transferable. The Judges’ decision is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into. Entries will be deemed void if forged, manipulated or tampered with in any way.
10. The prizewinner is responsible for any tax implications which may arise from winning the prize.
11. In the event that any prize, or part of the prize, becomes unavailable for reasons beyond the Promoter’s control, the Promoter may substitute a prize of equal or greater value.
12. In the event of the prizewinner being, for any reason, unable or unwilling to redeem the prize, or unwilling to be featured in the New Zealand Woman’s Weekly and other promotional materials, the Judges will select another prizewinner.
13. The Promoter and Ryman Healthcare shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury (including, without limitation, consequential loss) suffered or sustained by any person (even if caused by negligence) as a result of participating in the promotion or accepting and/or using a prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
14. The Promoter reserves the right to request verification of the identity, relationship to the entrant, or residential address of the prizewinner and any other information relevant to entry into or participation in this promotion. Verification is at the discretion of the Promoter, whose decision is final. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any individual who breaches any of these terms and conditions, acted in a fraudulent, dishonest or disruptive manner, or otherwise than in accordance with the spirit and intent of this promotion or is involved in any way in interfering or tampering with the conduct of this promotion.
15. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries or other communications, or any other failure to receive an entry, vote or other communication or for inaccurate information or for any loss, damage or injury as a result of technical or telecommunications problems, including security breaches. If such problems arise, then the Promoter may modify, amend or cancel any aspect of the promotion.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to vary any of the terms of entry applying to this promotion or to modify, terminate, suspend, or reschedule this promotion at any time.
17. Entrants confirm and promise that each of their entries is original and does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. Further, each entrant agrees that the Promoter and the other entities noted above each have an unrestricted, irrevocable, perpetual, transferable, divisible right and license to use and modify their entry for the purposes of the Promoter’s or other entity's business without the payment of further fee or compensation. Each entrant agrees to sign any further documentation required by the Promoter to give effect to this arrangement as a precondition of the prizewinner being awarded their prize. To the extent permitted by law, entrants unconditionally and irrevocably consent to any act or omission that would otherwise infringe any moral rights in their entry.
19. If the prizewinner cannot be contacted within seven days of the date of the Judges’ decision, or the Grandparent(s) featured in the winning photo is otherwise unable to participate in the prize, that prizewinner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and a new winner will be selected by the Judges.
20. The use of any automated entry software or any other mechanical or electronic means that allows an entrant to automatically enter repeatedly or allows a voter to automatically vote repeatedly is prohibited and will render all entries submitted by that entrant and all votes submitted by that voter invalid.